Traci is very proud to be featured in the article “New Evidence for Doulas” by Evidence Based Birth supporting one of her moms.
The findings from the article include:
- 31% decrease in the use of Pitocin*
- 28% decrease in the risk of Cesarean*
- 12% increase in the likelihood of a spontaneous vaginal birth*
- 9% decrease in the use of any medications for pain relief
- 14% decrease in the risk of newborns being admitted to a special care nursery
- 34% decrease in the risk of being dissatisfied with the birth experience*
For the four of these outcomes with an asterisk, results with a doula were better than all the other types of continuous support that were studied. For the other outcomes, there was no difference between types of continuous support.